Warung Bebas

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Table Tonic's week(end) in review...

The addiction: The weekend began like any other, on Friday afternoon, when I innocently popped into the newsagent after picking a Mini-Tonic up from school. Forty two dollars later, and I was mag-ged up to the eyeballs (Inside Out and Lucky are subscriptions). Following a (child-free!) Beef Pho at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant on Friday night, I tackled the almighty pile. The weekend was off to a stellar start.

 
The other addiction: Not so much for my credit card, however, when I later found myself browsing the virtual windows of Shopbop. Again. Thing is, with Winter approaching in Australia, you'll find that knits (along with coats, jackets, boots) are all on sale in the States. Which is probably why I bought the following "pieces" - and yes, having a bit of an asymmetrical hem moment:



The renovation: Look at the clock on the wall - 8.40am, Saturday morning and Mr Tonic is wielding a rubber mallet, ready to tackle "something substantial", aka the fireplace hearth. This rough diamond of ours is full of great 50s, modernist features, but this "tacked on" hearth is not one of them!


(below) So it got the chop. And just like that, the room looks smashing again (and feels 20% bigger!). Mr Tonic has since managed to remove the soot from the chimney with Mr Muscle oven cleaner (he told me to "blog that") and a fair whack of elbow grease.
 

The favorite pastime: One of the things I miss the most about my pre-kiddie life is making a lovely breakfast. It's possibly my favourite meal of the day, and given that we had a child-free 24 hours, I made the most of it - Scrambled eggs, toasted sourdough baguette, avocado and coriander salsa and fresh lime. Eaten in a quiet house on a beautiful crisp & sunny Saturday morning. Ahhhh....


The wardrobe: Still on all things child-free and opportunistic, I gave my wardrobe a long-overdue clean and tidy out, the results of which pleased me greatly:


The In-Laws: We do a fortnightly pilgrimage to Mr Tonic's parent's place, although since we moved house, the drive has increased from 45 minutes to an hour and a half!? I took this photo from their verandah. Best view ever. Always a great spot for watching the weather roll in... And yes, that is their pool!!


The eye-candy: Read the Sunday papers, the highlight of which was undoubtedly Sass & Bide's Sarah-Jane Clarke's "can't live without's" on the back page of one of the supplements:



And that, Tonic-ettes, is the end of my story. PS Don't forget, free shipping all week on tabletonic.com.au.

0 comments em “Table Tonic's week(end) in review...”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger