Warung Bebas

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Juxtaposed - The Perfect Blend Of Opposing Ingredients."

It was a rainy Friday in May 2009 and I was walking to work through the always beautiful Martin place. And then he stopped me. A lovely young African American guy, Paul Simon Djite wanted to take my picture for his street style blog, (the now abandoned) Kahlan's Wardrobe. So I smiled and said "sure" (the one day I'd decided to have a wardrobe crisis of epic proportions - complete with bad hair day!!). So here it is. PS You can view the original post on Kahlan's Wardrobe here.

Ben Sherman shirt dress, Marcs blazer, Dior Sunglasses, Marc Jacobs bag, Hermes Double Kelly leather cuff, RM Williams Boots.
23 May 2009
"So often I will identify a fashionable individual in a crowd of people and my mind will instantly start working on the heading for the blog post or the little blurb I will write to accompany the subsequent photo. So often, the delicate elements required to capture the perfect fashion moment in time, are not all in sync... The subject may refuse to allow me to photograph them, the light may be bad, the wind may be blowing and worst of all, I may take a whole heap of photos that on closer inspection, when uploaded to my computer turn out to be duds! However, once every now and then, all the right elements come together and create something great, like a beautiful symphony. Such is the case in "Juxtaposed - The Perfect Blend Of Opposing Ingredients."
Louise mixes male and female elements in an opposing black and white colour scheme to build an outfit that represents the best of style and function in a go go gadget world. When seated behind a desk, her shirt dress and jacket equip her with the correct aspects of corporate attire, but at the same time, with the unpredictable Sydney weather at the moment, the boots will serve her well when the unforseen rain shower arrives. I could talk on and on about why i like this look so much but I won't. Instead, I will let you, the viewer, take it from here. See you on the streets."


Turns out Paul Simon was interning at Harper's Bazaar magazine in the building where I worked, oh and he also had a job at the Chanel boutique on Castlereagh Street. I think he may have been a fashion student. Perhaps his (short-lived) blog was just one of many "assignments"!

0 comments em “"Juxtaposed - The Perfect Blend Of Opposing Ingredients."”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger