Warung Bebas

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Table Tonic Mother's Day week(end) in review

I hope you all had an awesome weekend. The weather in Sydney was absolutely beautiful, and my Mother's Day looked a little bit like this:


(above and below) Amongst other things, I was spoiled with this dreamy Spell Byron Bay Angel Wings necklace! The Spell girls are so gorgeous - as Bohemian as they are creative (very!). You must visit their Spell online shop and their equally fabulous Spell blog.



(below) Anoushka-Tonic strikes a pose in a dress from "Uncle Jas and Auntie Summer".


My brother Jason and his wife recently moved (back) down to Sydney, from Brisbane, which is (still) the news of the week in our family. We're all so chuffed to have them here, and in an effort to keep them here, fed them (and my parents) a scrumptious lunch at our place. Alright, it was Mother's Day as well!



(above) The table, set with beautiful Arabia Finland crockery that I ate off as a child in the 70s. Thanks Mum and Dad for hanging onto it for so long (and passing it on to me!).


(above) The feast that followed!



(above) Oak lettuce, red apple, lentil and pine nut salad (my own creation!). Olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.


(above) Grated fresh beetroot, egg and parmesan salad (from Delicious magazine). Olive oil and lemon juice dressing.



(above) Pan seared zucchini, goat's feta and caper salad (also from Delicious magazine). Drizzled with olive oil.


(above) The best bit - Mr Tonic's slow roasted pork and veggies!

(above) And I outdid myself here - Vanilla bean panna cotta with fresh berries and sugar syrup. So good. And I am officially unafraid of recipes with gelatine! In other, non-mother's-day-related news, Mr Tonic painted the carport roof. The colour will be our "trim colour", once we paint the house. Looks white, but it's a beautiful smoky grey -  I wish I had before photos now, but it was swampy-browny-green. So we're pretty damn stoked with the result!

0 comments em “Table Tonic Mother's Day week(end) in review”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger