Warung Bebas

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A day in the life: 25.05.11

The threads:
Country Road wool scarf and the best ever Target leather jacket from 3 years ago. It's a little bit Brrrrr today!


The mags:


(above) House Beautiful June 2011 - killer issue, BTW - and (below) IKEA Family Live magazine, choc-full of cute-to-boot homes from around the globe. And better still, it's free! Sign up here for copies delivered straight to your mailbox!


The bed linen:
Castle and Things "have finally succumbed to the many, many, many requests for CASTLE bedlinen in children's single bed style". Happy days. Or, should I say, happy nights!


The sandwich:
Bacon, baby spinach, tomato, mayonaise. And great bread. Gotta have great bread...


The devastation:
On Monday afternoon, I made a cup of tea. Nothing special there. But as I went to return the sugar to the shelf, all 3 of my Samantha Robinson handmade porcelain cups, which I just adore, came crashing down. One survived (surprisingly!). The other two? Not so much...


The scene of the crime:
This is what I have to live with every day of my life - A glorious Bassike store less than a kilometre away from my house, full to the brim with organic jersey basics (hence the name) and a healthy sprinkling of Jerome Dreyfuss handbags (omg). Interior by Akin Creative. So good.


The fashionable DIY:
A bunting crafted from magazine pages? I'm calling it the DIY of the decade (and the ultimate in upcycling!). Via Design Shimmer.


The candle:
Cristina Re does it again - How pretty is this "Jardin de White Lillies" candle? Seriously? Gold gets me every time. It's going straight on my bedside table! Get yours here.


The innovation:
In an Australian first, Australian Good Taste mag has handed over the reigns to its readers, giving them complete control and power to create the June issue. Readers Issue Ambassador Tobie Puttock (aka Jamie Oliver's Aussie best mate) who couldn’t have been more full of praise for the issue and the reader editors’ winter-warming choices: “The food looks absolutely amazing … It’s stuff I would like to eat on a cold winter’s night – comfort food, but it’s also quite elaborate.” The June issue of AGT is on sale now!

 Photographer Catherine Muscat/ Australian Good Taste
 

0 comments em “A day in the life: 25.05.11”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger