Warung Bebas

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Table Tonic's week(end) in review...

The ebay "win": In an effort to restore our 50s home to it's former glory, Mr Tonic has taken to buying vintage Louis Poulsen light fittings on eBay. The bedrooms currently have 50s-style downlights, but pendants soften a bedroom beautifully. An essential finishing touch, they're much like the mascara of the decor world. They're actually amazing in the flesh. Very sculptural. 2 down, 2 to go!



The wildlife: Our garden is home to all kinds of wildlife - bush turkeys, bandicoots, we've seen a lot. But on Saturday morning? Ducks!! Well. You can just imagine the excitement.


The "me time": The Sydney magazine, Inside Out Renovating Special (it's really good, buy it!), US Vogue, House and Garden, Good Living. Mmmm...



The hot tip: Sheepskins are machine washable! When the dog spews on the sheepskin? Cold wash, extra spin, dry flat in the shade. Happiness.



The view: I attended a beautiful lunch at Le Kiosk Shelley Beach on Saturday (amaaaazing food), and as I walked back to my car, I took this photo. Sydney, with all it's diversity,  is just so beautiful.

 
The Sunday funday: Sunday was my Mum's birthday, and Mother Nature was kind enough to remind us what warmth and sunshine was! We had lunch at the beautiful Boathouse at Palm Beach (everybody's favourite!).




After which we took the kids to the park to burn off the chocolate frogs and boiled lollies (you must stock up if ever you go to The Boathouse!)


Picnic rug, Sunday Papers, Audrey, Mr Tonic... It was rather lovely, actually. UPDATE: For those wondering about the bag, aka my 3rd child, I blogged about it back here.


So what was in the Mark Tuckey bag? Woven African wire baskets, Murchison Hume goodness and a linen & leather zip up case. She loved it all.

  
The new blog discovery: marlow35


The new old coffee machine: We just (enthusiastically) inherited my parents "old" coffee machine, and I now answer only to "Barista". Needless to say, we're drinking a liiitle more coffee than we used to!



The on "sale today" loot: Rather love the fact that there's a newsagent on the way to Anoushka's kindy. I knew Aussie Harpers was out today (and I knew Bambi was on the cover), so off I went. Did I expect to come back with Who and Grazia as well? No. But hey, that's the Royal Wedding for you (wasn't it riveting?)!


The End!

0 comments em “Table Tonic's week(end) in review...”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger