Warung Bebas

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A day in the life: 28.07.11

The success story: Would you believe me if I told you Orson and Blake was 20 years old? Sheesh. I can almost remember the day they opened that gorgeous little Woollahra store - there was nothing like it at the time, and to this day, I thoroughly enjoy a browse whenever I'm in the area. Natalie Walton has done a great interview with Orson and Blake founder, David Heiman over at Daily Imprint. Well worth a read.


The DIY: How beautiful is this "tree of magic wonders" Heidi Middleton made for her daughters! As seen on the Sass & Bide blog, which is lovely by the way.


The footwear: It's a known fact that the effectiveness of a new exercise regime is greatly enhanced by shiny new footwear. I bring you Exhibit A: My Nike LunarEclipse+ running shoes! The guy in the shop told me that basically, the more you pay for sports shoes, the more cushioning you get. Which is possibly why, for $239 (yikes!), I feel like I am walking on a trampoline - they truly are astonishingly comfy! PS I bought them at The Athletes Foot.


The deal: Buy $100 worth of Dermalogica, get a voucher for $30! Click the image to enlarge and grab the details. Because - and you can take my word for it - their products are fan-tastic.


The sale: Alannah Hill at 50% off? Yes please!


The magazines: Architectural Digest August 2011 is in the house! Click to see what's inside this issue.

(below) Australian Country Style's August 2011 issue is also on sale now.


The online magazine: RUE issue six is live!


The camera: For those of you who have asked which camera I use, it's this one (below) - a Nikon D40. I'm fairly sure they don't sell this model anymore, but anything similar will be just as awesome. And my best tip? Learn how to use it - read the manual or do a quick photography course. PS I also use my iPhone a lot for photos, but if you want to know my real secret to getting gorgeous blog images, it's Photoshop. I almost always sharpen, bump up the contrast and saturate the colour a little before I upload anything. 


Happy Thursday, my Tonic-ettes!

0 comments em “A day in the life: 28.07.11”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger