Warung Bebas

Thursday, July 7, 2011

An (important) email worth sharing

I just received the following email from one of the mum's in Jasper's class which I wanted to share with you in the hope that even just one of you takes action. Thanks for reading. Here goes:

"Dear All,
I've been contacted by the Red Cross because blood and plasma is in short supply at the moment. More donations are urgently needed. Every blood donation saves three lives, my daughter's being one of them. Ongoing monthly treatment (blood products) keep Emma* out of a wheelchair and free from pain. You can only imagine how precious a substance it is. And what people don't know is how very easy it is to donate. Drink plenty of water and have a bite to eat beforehand, a tiny pin prick in the arm and there.... three lives saved! 

Periodically Emma and I go into town to the Red Cross Head Quarters so she can speak with people donating. She always says the same thing, "thank you for helping me feel better", she is shy, but it's very heartfelt and genuine. As you can imagine, I sob my heart out cuddling these strangers that in my eyes are heroes. Some people we have met have donated for years and years never meeting a recipient. When they hear Emma's story of what she went through and how their blood has changed her life they are always moved to tears. It truly is a miracle and our gratitude is never ending.

The mobile blood bank is coming to Sydney on 14th, 15th and 16th of July. If anyone is able to spare the time, please ring 13 14 95 to book an appointment. And please help spread the word and tell anyone you think may be able to donate."
*Not her real name. 


0 comments em “An (important) email worth sharing”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger