Warung Bebas

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A day in the life: 9.11.11

The salad: I recently made this "Asian Cabbage Salad" from one of my favourite food blogs, So Good and Tasty. I chucked in some pan fried (in coconut oil), paprika-dusted chicken breast to ooomph it up for dinner and I used toasted cashews for the nuts. Grab the recipe here.


(above) via So Good and Tasty and (below) my version. And by the way, the dressing? Amaaaazing.


The collaboration: Kiehl's recently collaborated with red-hot Aussie fashion designers, Zimmermann, Ksubi and Sass & Bide to produce these three limited edition Crème de Corps! The three iconic brands have each designed a beautifully unique label, and proceeds from Kiehl’s sale of each product in Australia will benefit the charity chosen by the three fashion houses. Sass & bide has chosen to honour Barnardos, Ksubi’s charity is War Child Australia and the Starlight Children’s Foundation will be supported by Zimmermann’s floral design. Click to shop the Fashion for Kiehl's range.


The shorts: I was going to call these "Yoga" shorts, but I've decided to settle on "Attempted Yoga" shorts. Have you ever tried to do some yoga with two children in the room house? Yah. Not going to happen. Wait. I think I'll call them "Long walks on the beach without my offspring" shorts. There. PS They're actually the "Garment Dye" shorts from Country Road ($49.95). And the colour makes my heart sing.


The good oil: I first learned about Krill Oil from Dr Mercola's jaw-droppingly informative, and often alarming emails. Word on the street is that krill oil contains more Omega 3s and more antioxidant power than the highest grade fish oil (Everest Nutrition Krill Oil offers 54 times more antioxidant power than fish oil!). So after tweeting about my newly discovered super-oil, Sandra from Everest Nutrition came to my rescue and I'm now Omega 3'd up to the eyeballs! Click to buy Everest Nutrition Krill Oil. PS See what Dr Mercola says about Krill Oil in this short video - and he talks quickly, so you get stacks of great info fast!


The other salad: Ever since I bought Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty (buy it here), I've been throwing read and brown rice salads around like there's no tomorrow. Then I basically add veggies, a fruit, a nut and a killer dressing (usually just olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey and sea salt). This one was:
RICE: Brown rice + red rice (health food store)
VEGGIES: Asparagus, Edamame, green beans, capsicum
FRUIT: Red apple
NUT: Pine nuts, toasted
DRESSING: Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey and sea salt
EXTRAS: Lemon zest, shredded coconut


The (Biodynamic!) wine: Yes. This is my kind of wine - Certified Biodynamic Rosé from the award winning Krinklewood Vineyard in the Hunter Valley. And this "Francesca Rosé" was just what Sunday afternoon ordered.


The egg-sessorie: Given that our kids eat boiled eggs like they're going out of fashion, these gorgeous Dibbern Egg Cups are positively whizzing onto my radar! There are 37 colours in the Dibbern porcelain range (WARNING: Selecting your colour combination may take longer than boiling an egg!), including pop colours, pastels and everything in between. Click to visit the Beclau Homewares webshop.



The apartment tour: Two things: 1. If you haven't already, please do yourself a favour and familiarize yourself with Will and his wonderful/delightful/colourful blog, Bright Bazaar. 2. Check out Sydney Stylist Jason Grant's crazy gorgeous apartment tour here. You might even spy a Table Tonic Union Jack cushion (available for pre-order NOW!).

0 comments em “A day in the life: 9.11.11”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger