Warung Bebas

Monday, November 28, 2011

A day in the life: 29.11.11

The weekend: Sunday involved a beach, two Mini-Tonics and a bestie (aka the brains behind DAN300). I constantly pinch myself, as we live just a 5 minute walk (if that) from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world... At around 7.30am every Sunday morning, I walk-slash-run 8 laps of it, before jumping into the ocean pool at the South end. Yes. The best things in life are free, people!

I'm wearing: Bassike dress (buy it here) - mine is a Large, Dior sunglasses, gold Jennifer Zeuner necklace from Eclektica (buy it here), cap from Raised by Wolves.

The hot gloss: Or should I say, thee hot gloss. Remember Clinique Black Honey? Yeah? Anyone? Well that just-eaten-berries shade of lip perfection circa 1990 is now get-able in the form of Lanolips "Mulberry" Lip Ointment. I've been wearing it on my morning beach walk-slash-runs. It has just enough colour, without being tooooo much for exercising in. Trust me, this one is a ripper! PS Don't forget to check out the Lanolips blog - TT made it onto their Christmas Gift Guide! Eeeek!


The tea-towel-triumph: Hats of to My Hunter Gatherer for this eye-catching piece of marketing genius (how hot does our el-cheapo oven look?!):


The salad: Cannelini beans, yellow capsicum, toasted pine nuts, capers, lemon zest, garlic. Dress with a dash of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon!


The gift: Tomorrow, Mr Tonic and I will have been married for nine years. NINE. How that is even possible, I have no idea. Feels more like... four. Alright, five max. And I have to show you what my parents bought us (hands up who worships Dinosaur Designs). Isn't she special? Thanks Mum and Dad!


The (under $25) online purchase: No sooner was I on the What's for dinner mum Facebook page, than I had ordered a set of Tovolo Star Pop Moulds from The Little Cook! Chucked a mango, some strawberries and a banana in the Vitamix, tipped it in the moulds, 4 hours later... healthy treats for nagging offspring! Admittedly, they all broke in half as we pulled the lids off but hey, we're working on our "formula"...


The recipe club: How cool is this - Australian Good Taste have formed an online "Heirloom Recipes Club" as a place for you and me to share our Christmas family recipes! But it’s also a site to house all types of family recipes, so you can share yours and keep those precious recipes alive. So, gather your beloved family recipes, snap a few pictures and upload them to the site. Oh, and then read all about it in December Australian Good Taste mag (below)!

Photography: Andrew Lehmann/Australian Good Taste.

The deal: You all know how much I love Simplicite anything, and from now until 11th December, when you buy any two Simplicite products (at selected Myer stores around Australia) you'll receive a third free (same or lesser value than the lower priced item)! How good is that?! And PS If you're looking for a killer body moisturizer? Consider it found!


The sale: All good things must come to an end, including tabletonic.com.au's storewide sale. The good news? You still have until tomorrow night to colour your world (and save 25% in the process)! Click to shop!

0 comments em “A day in the life: 29.11.11”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger