Warung Bebas

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. A day in my (food) life

So I just went to schedule a trusty "Table Tonic's past few days in review" post (which I know you all love), pasted in my images and ...wait? 7 out of 8 of them are of food! But it's good, healthy, quick, easy, delicious food. And I want to share it with you. So here goes:


(above) BREAKFAST: Organic oat porridge with stewed rhubarb, cashews, walnuts, organic coconut palm sugar (crazy good) and cinnamon. Totally could pass for a dessert, it's that divine.


(above) ALTERNATE BREAKFAST: Green Smoothie - Avocado, Kale, Frozen berries, half a lemon, coconut oil, chia seeds, macca powder, chorella, cayenne pepper & organic rice syrup. Really delicious, contrary to all evidence!


(above) LUNCH: Leftover Soba noodles, egg, green beans, capsicum, cinnamon and this dressing (I didn't have/use the fresh herbs and I added a teaspoon of organic coconut palm sugar to it), which I have made 3 batches of in as many days.


(above) DINNER: Hickory smoked pork ribs with coleslaw (cabbage, carrot, continental parsley, apple with an egg mayonnaise and white balsamic vinegar dressing)


(above) Anoushka-Tonic was so rib-happy I couldn't even get her to hold still for a photo!

(above) Most Tuesday afternoons 2 big boxes, choc full of organic goodness arrives from Abundant Organics (they deliver to Sydney Metro and Blue Mountains). I always feel a bit Gwyneth-y when I unpack it all... The best bit is when you spend over $100 you get 5% off, and when you spend over $200 you get 10% off.


(above) The Lucky You Juice Cleanse just keeps on giving! They let you keep all the glass jars the juices/smoothies come in, so I've put them to good use in the kitchen. Mr Tonic is most excited about having so many "paint jars". Happy (and recyclable) days!
 

(above) Azaleas! From the garden! We weren't living in this house last Spring, so things like the explosion of fushia in the front garden is a welcome surprise. Free fresh flowers? Sign me up. If the bees could leave me alone next time I try to pick some, that would be awesome too. Oh yeah there's a bit of industrial action going down today involving NSW public schools - click here for a list of schools "not operating" today. Happy Thursday, Tonic-ettes! 

0 comments em “Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. A day in my (food) life”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger