Warung Bebas

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Table Tonic "clean" beauty buys: PART I

I've had such an overwhelmingly positive response since announcing I'd be looking for "more natural" skincare options in this post. Thank you to all of you who took the time to pass on your amazing suggestions. I read each and every one of them and have made some awesome discoveries. Who can we rely on if not our "friends" for a crazy-good "word of mouth" (word of blog?) recommendations, so thank you thank you thank you. Naturally, I'm going to enlighten you all right back over the course of the next few weeks/months and heck, possibly years(!). The natural skin and haircare industry is changing and growing so fast - and I now know why. Chemicals and "nasties" simply aren't needed to get the job done. On the contrary, I've had some surprisingly fantastic results from completely natural products. I'm a convert! So I really hope you all enjoy this series, and these - my first two recommendations.


Brand: Vanessa Megan www.vanessamegan.com
Skincare or haircare? Skincare 
I tried: (above) Petigrain Cream Cleanser, N.E.O Oil, Jasmine Face Cream, Rose Petal Body Oil, Lemon & Eucalyptus Pumice Hand Wash, Peruvian Flower Hand & Body Cream, Lip Balm, Men's Sandalwood Face Cream 
Clean creds: 100% Chemical Free, Made in Australia. Natural & Organic skin care products. Products contain absolutely no Petrochemicals, Mineral Oils, Lauryl Sulphates, Artificial Colours or Fragrances. Not tested on animals. (Note: Vanessa Megan is in the process of conversion for an ACO (Australian Certified Organic) rating on all products. 
Best bit: Anything that comes in (good old fashioned brown) glass bottles gets my vote!
Standout product: So hard to choose, but a toss up between the Petigrain Cream Cleanser and the N.E.O Oil. Both are beautifully moisturizing and they smell out of this world good. I loved that they recommend I simply wash my face with water each morning. It's actually all it needs!
Bonus points: They also have a pregnancy range and a men's range (Mr Tonic loved his Sandalwood moisturizer - not too greasy/heavy either!)
Where to buy: Click for stockists
Buy online at: Vanessa Megan


Brand: Original & Mineral www.originalmineral.com 
Skincare or haircare? Haircare 
I tried: (above) Hydrate & Conquer Shampoo, Hydrate & Conquer Conditioner, Seven Day Miracle Moisture Masque, No Knott Conditioning Detangler, Frizzy Logic Shine Serum. 
Clean creds: Naturally active, low chemical products in recyclable packaging. No sulphates, parabens, propylene, glycol, phthalates, triclosan, carcinogens or "cheap synthetic chemicals".
Best bit: The smell, oh my giddy aunt, the smell. Think coconuts marrying berries.
Standout product: A few weeks on, I'm amazed at the fact that when I'm rinsing out the (Hydate & Conquer) shampoo, it actually feels like I'm rinsing out conditioner. It's that soft (this actually didn't happen for the first week or so, but my tortured hair and I are now officially hooked!). Oh, and how could I not mention the No Knott Conditioning Detangler. It's now all I use once I hop out the shower, and is arguably the most conditioning leave-in-conditioner type product I've ever used.
Bonus points: Truly beautiful, clean packaging that really does look "hot" in your bathroom! Oh, and they do a range of ammonia-free hair colour as well!
Where to buy: Click for stockists
Buy online at: Adore Beauty or Fountain Cosmetics

0 comments em “Table Tonic "clean" beauty buys: PART I”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger