Warung Bebas

Monday, August 29, 2011

Bits and bobs and mags and books!

Sunday morning looked like this: Oct/Nov 2011 Belle mag, the Sunday papers and a box of Planet Organic Chai Spice tea bags (I tip it out of the tea bag and brew it in Oat milk in a pot on the stove and add honey). 


Architectural Digest + Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's Malibu home = Yikes! Looks like some kind of heavily themed stage set!? Not my style at all. But on a positive note, what a goooood lookin' family!!


Ikea's 2012 catalogue is officially on driveways/in mail boxes everywhere! I've yet to peruse mine, but look! I see a sheepskin! Very excited.


While this isn't a magazine or a book, it's a cheese platter that demands a mention, based on the lip shmackin' memories it  created (YUM!) and the besties who I shared it with, shortly before we all had a sleepover at our place (Mr Tonic took the Mini-Tonics to his parents place for their own sleepover!). Soft cheese will always have a place in my heart. Ditto sleepovers with besties.


I subscribe to a bunch of mags, almost half of which are from the US (if you missed my "Cheap mag subscriptions 101" blog post a while back, click for the lowdown). The September issues of  Lucky and House Beautiful (such a pretty cover) just landed, as well as my new favourite, Wellbeing! A brilliant health mag published here in Sydney ($12 an issue), Wellbeing is one publication I literally read cover to cover. It's awesome.


PS Tomorrow, I'll be reviewing Grace Bonney's first book Design Sponge at Home - it's (not surprisingly) an absolute beauty! Stay tuned.

0 comments em “Bits and bobs and mags and books!”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger