Warung Bebas

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"The Story of Cosmetics": Worth 8 mins of your life!

The past few weeks have been a little bit incredible, to put it mildly. I've embarked on what has been a rather awesome (and snowballing!) journey of health and wellness, the catalyst of which was undoubtedly Elaine Hollingsworth's book, Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry. I've completely abandoned processed food (I was eating way too much of it), tea and coffee (it interfered with my ability to drink enough water/eat enough fruit throughout the day) and lollies/biscuits. My main aim was to revert to a good old fashioned "whole foods" diet. Then I read Elaine's book and everything changed. I bought a bottle of Lugol's Iodine online (here) and binned my deodorant the following day. I replaced my body wash with a natural, plant based brand a few days later. I started exercising and switched to organic fruit, vegetables, meat (and as much else as possible) the following week. And last week, I bit the financial bullet and switched to organic milk as well. Heck, I have some damn fancy handbags in my cupboard, to say "organic is so expensive" is no longer a valid excuse. I waste less, I cook with meat less (never a bad thing) and I feel freaking fantastic. FANTASTIC. Chia seeds, Chorella, Bee Pollen and Macca Powder are having a party in my fridge and find their way into my breakfast most mornings. And today my AlkaPod arrived. My overall mood changed dramatically within 48 hours of making "wholefood" choices and I subsequently watched the same transformation in Mr Tonic. The mini Tonic's are even getting used to a very gradual lunchbox makeover (hello fruit, cheese, yoghurt, rice cakes). So detoxing my (bulging!) beauty cabinet was always going to be next on the list (sniff!). Which brings me to this 8 minute expose/video, put together by Annie Leonard, explaining what goes into your Pantene/Estee Lauder/Herbal Essences products and how "they" get away with it. I'm still on the hunt for a new skincare and haircare range to gradually switch to, so bring on the recommendations (preferable organic, nothing artificial)! But first, check this out (PLEASE!):


PS Found via Sarah Wilson's blog, which I grow more obsessed with by the day - Click to read her post: How to Detox Your Beauty Cupboard. PPS One of the things I enjoy the most about Sarah's blog is all the reader comments. Don't forget them, they're often as much of an information goldmine as the actual posts!

0 comments em “"The Story of Cosmetics": Worth 8 mins of your life!”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger