Warung Bebas

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY of the day: Budget bottle makeover

Martha Stewart eat your heart out. This week, I came over all crafty and thrifty after Gourmet Girlfriend, who has five (FIVE) beautiful sons, put me onto a little secret...


Simply wash/soak the label off a few small Santa Vittoria bottles (I scrubbed mine off under a hot tap in about 3 minutes), find yourself some fun retro straws and get sippy! I found these fun paper straws in a local homewares-y shop, and recently bought these red ones online! I refill the bottles with cordial each night and pop them on the dinner table. They look super cute and the kids love them! PS I also bought this gorgeous glass straw for my green smoothies/juices. (What's a green juice you say? Find out here...)


So, a few days pass and I'm feeling a little unstoppable. I innocently wash a tomato passata bottle, scrub the label off, chuck some ice in, a few limes... You see where I'm going?


A few of these on a Sunday lunch table would look fabbo as a cheap (just $2.49!) alternative to your regular drinks bottle/jug. Woohoo! Happy upcycling Tonic-ettes!

0 comments em “DIY of the day: Budget bottle makeover”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger