Warung Bebas

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A day in the life: 2.03.12

Yesterday, I had lunch at a friend's house at Palm Beach. She's thinking of starting a blog (to document her and her young family's renovation in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs) and wanted to pick my brain. This beautiful little arrangement is one of many she had in the living area. I could have gone mad taking photos, her style is out of this world. 


Meanwhile, at Casa Tonic, the Breeze Block wall is up! Finished! Painted! All we need now is to plant  something along the base of it (we're thinking of a long grassy type plant).


Fancy "career clothes" are no longer a part of my life (phew!), so I tend to dress for comfort (hello Bassike!) and accessorize until the cows come home. And sterling silver anything will always have a place in my heart. So if you haven't heard of Cool Baby Cool? Run, don't walk! Johsi is a creative Goddess and these little beauties are my newest obsessions (L-R): Peace Beads Bracelet, Silver "Mother Anklets", "The One" Bead Necklace.


Wednesday' night's dinner: DIY Rice Paper Rolls! Prawns, Mint, Capsicum, Cucumber, Carrot, Lime, Toasted Cashews and (my newest discovery) Slim Pasta! It's "naturally made of a vegetable called Konjac" and is gluten free, fat free, low carb... the list goes on. The best bit? To prepare, you simply pop it in hot water for 1 minute then drain. It's actually marketed as a pasta type product, but I'm calling it the new vermicelli, people... PS Find it in the health aisle at Woolies.


Halo lost it's shine? Look for the joinFITE logo on your next Dermalogica purchase and help a female entrepreneur in an underdeveloped country build a successful future for themselves, their family and their community. Dermalogica’s five top selling products - Skin Hydrating Booster (I practically drink it!), Daily Microfoliant, Precleanse, Intensive Eye Repair and Total Eye Repair SPF15 are each encased in a special sleeve. When removed, it reveals a code that can activate a $1 microloan somewhere in the world. For more, visit joinfite.org.


Table Tonic orders patiently await dispatch to soon-to-be-colourful-corners, worldwide! PS Don't forget to shop the 25% off everything sale!


New mag alert! Belle March/April 2012.


New mag alert! House & Garden April 2012.


Anoushka started ballet yesterday! It's just too sweet for words. I can't get over the cuteness... Or those long legs! They give me flashbacks to the ultrasound I had when I was pregnant with her - the lady doing it turned to me and said: "Is your husband tall? She has very long femurs...". Clearly not my femurs. Hmph.


Happy Friday Tonic-ettes! And PS Thank you doesn't even BEGIN to cover it for all your comments (and emails!) on the Byron Bay or Bali post. We've just about totally settled on Bali, although we'll most likely go in September, due to the climate/schoolies factor. Oh, and wait, it'll be my birthday! Woohoooooooooo! Happy weekend! x

0 comments em “A day in the life: 2.03.12”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger