Warung Bebas

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A day in the life: 09.06.11

The threads:
Rag and Bone (cashmere & angora!!) knit, Bassike dress/top, Sportsgirl leather pants, Marc Jacobs flats, Spell Byron Bay Wings necklace, Tiffany & Co box chain.


The mags:
Elle Decor June 2011: That cover that can only be described "as a breath of fresh air"... Don't you think?


Spanish Vogue March 2011: I swear I would buy Fisherman's Weekly if Anja Rubik was on the cover. Really good issue. Got mine for $12.95, being the March issue - grab it if you see it in the newsagent. Heaps of "content"!


Inside Out July/August 2011: The International Design issue


The weekday dinner:
I have now made variations of Gwyneth's Noodle Broth twice - it's that good. And so quick! Use chicken, beef, pork, seafood or tofu and whatever vegies you like!


PS It's loosely based on Gwyneth's Asian Chicken Noodle Broth - grab the recipe here (you'll have to scroll right down). My tips: Use a good quality chicken stock (not cubes) and add the following to it for a fuller flavour: 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar, juice of 1 lime, 2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil. It really is delicious.


The online win:
If you're an Isabel Marant-o-phile like me, you'll appreciate that stumbling upon not one, but two "Kara" dresses in a size 3 (her clothes are cut for 6 year old boys!!) is a little bit special.


And when you convert the price of Isabel Marant in Euros to Aussie dollars, they're not actually that exxy...


Which may explain why I bought up in cream and white. Farfetch.com? I bloody love you. I am going to layer the shizz out of these.


I should be looking like Marta (think Marant-o-phile on a grand scale) in no time.


And did I mention I snaffled a pair of these Isabel Marant Perkins sneakers in my size as well? French eBay, Tonic-ettes, where else! They should be knocking on my door any...day...now...


The vegetable:
Tomatoes. So hot right now. Are tomatoes in season? Beacause these little rainbow punnets are making me very happy indeed - I feel so.... Gwyneth-y when I look at them in my kitchen. The $5.95 price tag though? Not so much.


The beauty hack:
A few years back, I discovered a sure fire way to reel in the compliments - Coconut scented moisturiser used with your favourite fragrance. Throughout the day, it adds a subtle beachy-ness to your regular perfume... Trust me on this one. And get thee some Kit Beyond Coconut Body Lotion. Because it's the goods.


The end!

0 comments em “A day in the life: 09.06.11”

Post a Comment

 

Table Tonic Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger